Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MT82 transmission issues: Are they still a problem on newer Mustangs?
For those of you with newer Mustangs, especially the 2022 and 2023 models, are you still experiencing issues with the MT82 transmission? I’ve read mixed reviews—some say it’s improved, while others are still having problems with notchy shifts and gear lockouts. As a moderator, I’d like to get a clearer picture from the community to help others who are on the fence about buying.
(08-21-2024, 08:58 PM)iloveanycar Wrote: For those of you with newer Mustangs, especially the 2022 and 2023 models, are you still experiencing issues with the MT82 transmission? I’ve read mixed reviews—some say it’s improved, while others are still having problems with notchy shifts and gear lockouts. As a moderator, I’d like to get a clearer picture from the community to help others who are on the fence about buying.

From what I’ve seen and experienced, the MT82 transmission in the 2022 and 2023 Mustangs has definitely seen some improvements, but it’s still a mixed bag. Some owners report that the shifts are smoother and more refined compared to earlier models, with fewer issues like gear lockouts. However, there are still a number of people dealing with notchy shifts, especially in the lower gears, and occasional lockouts during aggressive driving.

It seems like the improvements aren’t consistent across the board, which might be why the reviews are so mixed. As a moderator, I’d suggest keeping an eye on this thread to gather more firsthand experiences from the community. It’s important for potential buyers to know that while the MT82 has gotten better, it’s not without its quirks. If anyone here has more insights, especially with any fixes or adjustments that have worked, sharing that would be really helpful for those considering a new Mustang.