Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hankook Ventus V12 evo2 review for Mustang owners: Any feedback?
Has anyone here tried the Hankook Ventus V12 evo2 on their Mustang? I’m in the market for new tires and came across some good deals on these. How do they perform, especially in terms of grip and handling? Also, any feedback on how they wear over time would be great!
(08-21-2024, 07:59 PM)iloveanycar Wrote: Has anyone here tried the Hankook Ventus V12 evo2 on their Mustang? I’m in the market for new tires and came across some good deals on these. How do they perform, especially in terms of grip and handling? Also, any feedback on how they wear over time would be great!

I’ve been running the Hankook Ventus V12 evo2 on my 2018 Mustang GT for about a year now, and I’m pretty happy with them. The grip is solid, especially in dry conditions—they really stick to the road, and I noticed an improvement in handling compared to the stock tires. They perform decently in the wet too, though I wouldn’t push them too hard in heavy rain. As for wear, they’re holding up well so far with regular driving, but I do a mix of highway and spirited driving on the weekends. They seem to be wearing evenly, and I’d say they’re a good value for the price. If you’re looking for a performance tire that won’t break the bank, the Ventus V12 evo2 is definitely worth considering.
(08-21-2024, 08:00 PM)Nicko Wrote:
(08-21-2024, 07:59 PM)iloveanycar Wrote: Has anyone here tried the Hankook Ventus V12 evo2 on their Mustang? I’m in the market for new tires and came across some good deals on these. How do they perform, especially in terms of grip and handling? Also, any feedback on how they wear over time would be great!

I’ve been running the Hankook Ventus V12 evo2 on my 2018 Mustang GT for about a year now, and I’m pretty happy with them. The grip is solid, especially in dry conditions—they really stick to the road, and I noticed an improvement in handling compared to the stock tires. They perform decently in the wet too, though I wouldn’t push them too hard in heavy rain. As for wear, they’re holding up well so far with regular driving, but I do a mix of highway and spirited driving on the weekends. They seem to be wearing evenly, and I’d say they’re a good value for the price. If you’re looking for a performance tire that won’t break the bank, the Ventus V12 evo2 is definitely worth considering.
I’ve actually got the Hankook Ventus V12 evo2 on my Mustang as well, and I’ve been pretty satisfied with how they perform. Like Nicko mentioned, the grip is impressive, especially on dry roads. They give you a good sense of control, and I’ve noticed that my Mustang feels a bit more responsive during cornering and acceleration compared to the previous tires I had.

In wet conditions, they do a decent job, but I agree with Nicko—you don’t want to push them too hard when it’s pouring. They handle light to moderate rain just fine, but I’d be cautious in heavy downpours.

As for wear, I’ve had them on for about six months now, with a mix of daily commuting and some weekend fun drives. So far, the wear has been pretty even, and they seem like they’ll last a good while, considering the price point. Overall, if you’re after a performance tire that gives you solid handling without a hefty price tag, the Ventus V12 evo2 is a solid choice for your Mustang.