Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Mustangs reliable for long-term ownership?
(08-21-2024, 07:47 PM)iloveanycar Wrote: I’m considering buying a Mustang but am a bit concerned about long-term reliability. I’ve heard mixed reviews—some say they’re bulletproof, while others mention recurring issues with certain components. For those who have owned Mustangs for several years, what’s your experience been like? Are there specific models or years that are more reliable?

I've owned my 2017 Mustang GT for about six years now, and overall, I’d say it’s been pretty reliable. There are definitely a few things to watch out for, though. The Coyote V8 engine is solid, but the MT82 manual transmission has a bit of a reputation for being finicky. I’ve had to replace the clutch once, but other than that, it’s been routine maintenance.

I’ve also heard that some earlier models had issues with things like the air conditioning system and electrical components, but these seem to have been ironed out in the newer models. If you’re looking at a used Mustang, I’d suggest going for something from 2015 and up, as Ford made a lot of improvements with the S550 generation. Regular maintenance is key, and if you stay on top of that, you shouldn’t have too many problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are Mustangs reliable for long-term ownership? - by Nicko - 08-21-2024, 07:50 PM