Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone have a carburetor hoses diagram for a classic Mustang?
Hey everyone! So, I’m currently knee-deep in restoring my '68 Mustang with a 289 V8 engine, and I’ve hit a bit of a roadblock. I’m trying to get everything sorted with the carburetor, but the hoses are giving me a headache. My Mustang has a stock 2-barrel Autolite 2100 carburetor, and while most things are going smoothly, I can’t seem to figure out the exact routing for all the hoses.

It’s my first time dealing with a carbureted engine, so I’m double-checking everything to make sure it’s hooked up right. I know the hoses connect to things like the vacuum advance, PCV valve, and possibly a few other places, but a lot of the original parts were missing when I got the car. I don’t want to guess and risk messing up the engine once I start it up.

Does anyone have a detailed diagram for the carburetor hoses on a 289 V8? Or even better, if you’ve got some clear photos of your setup, that would be super helpful. I just want to make sure everything is routed properly before I get the car running again. Any help would be appreciated – thanks in advance! Oh, and feel free to throw in any tips for tuning or getting the carb dialed in once it’s all set up!

Messages In This Thread
Does anyone have a carburetor hoses diagram for a classic Mustang? - by v8ismyheart - 09-16-2024, 09:12 PM